Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tears

I've been thinking about crying today. It is such a sign of really strong emotions. It could be good or bad emotions. I really feel like this week and last week should be switched because the break up was almost two weeks ago and it didn't really bother me until we had a follow up chat. So, it's just weird that it's not even the break up that I'm emotional about. ANYWAY Today I had a great day at work until a coworker decided to be ridiculous. But, then I came home , went on a run, talked to my mom for a bit, and I went to the temple. But of course my night started getting stressful when the interstate I needed to be on was closed for something (I'm assuming an accident) so I had to go the long way to get to the temple then I got lost downtown because I'm the worst with directions and I was too stressed to even think about getting my gps. I was freaking out so much that I was talking to myself and crying. I've been crying at the drop of a hat this week so it didn't surprise me. (I'm just an emotional wreck, I'm hoping the tears will all dry up again soon.) But, then I decided to pray that I could make it there, then right away I found the road I needed (which of course I had driven by at least 3 times but without the spirit I didn't recognize it was right). Then, I made it to the temple and everyone else was late because of whatever was going on as well. So, I immediately felt better and the spirit calmed me down. I'm so grateful for the spirit and the peace that the Holy Ghost brings. Anyway I had a lot of questions that I had in mind before the temple. All that I felt the whole time was that I needed to go home, not hang out afterward with friends, and ask for a blessing. So, I walked out of the temple and there was a HUGE beautiful rainbow! It just reminded me of that primary song about rainbows and baptism. It was so symbolic of what I had just done in the temple for other women. But, I made it home and no one really knows what's going on with me right now so they were kind of shocked that I would need a blessing since I'm not sick. But, then when my brother started speaking it was all the Lord. Absolutely everything that I needed to hear was in that blessing. I couldn't help but tear up once again. This time because I felt so comforted and at peace. I felt the Lord's arms around me as I listened to His words through my worthy priesthood holding brother. I am so grateful for my brother! He is so amazing and so in tune with the spirit. But, now that I feel so much better I'm hoping the tears will stop and that I can be patient for all of the things mentioned in the blessing to come to pass. With Heavenly Father on my side and so close to me it is easy to be happy. Really we just need to ask Him. He wants to help us through our trials and build us up. I choose happiness :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment