Saturday, May 18, 2013

Potential

Today I have had a lot of time to think for multiple reasons. But, I've mostly been thinking about potential. My sister in law and I had a really great conversation last night and we were discussing the potential of a person in general. Everyone has such a wonderful potential. No one is perfect obviously. But, if you can look at someone and see their potential it can really help you to understand someone and feel love for them even when you don't even like the person. Sometimes when we feel a certain way about a certain person we just need to think about their potential. Think about the person that they could be in their own progression of life. I'm now thinking about my own potential. I don't really know what it is. I don't know what my Heavenly Father has in store for me. But, I do know that I have a lot of things that I have thought about and I have a lot of personal goals that I will not stray to achieve. My main goal is to have a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father that is unwavering. I want to get at this spiritual high and always keep that importance as number one in my life. I want to find a man that has those same values and has that same importance. We can marry and have those same values where we can strengthen each other in a marriage and always have the Lord first in our lives. I want to be able to look at my spouse and truly know that he loves the Savior and only wants to do what the Lord would have him do. I need someone who is spiritually strong and can help me with my spiritual weaknesses and I can help him with his spiritual weaknesses. I want to be as much of a benefit to him as he is to me. Now that I have sort of tangent-ed to my "perfect man" I might as well continue. I need someone that is constantly showing me how much he cares. I am so insecure and I know I am. I need that reassurance constantly. And words just don't really do it for me. I feel like someone can tell me over and over again that they love me, daily, hourly even. But, if I don't feel their love through their actions I feel a lot different and a lot less loved. It's those love language things. One of mine has to be quality time I think is what it is. Because if you sacrifice to spend time with me that's when I feel loved. The other thing that I need in a man is someone that I can trust and rely on always. Someone that when they aren't with me I'm not constantly thinking about what they are doing and worried about them. I need someone motivated  who knows what they want and do that. I need someone who knows how to work and provide for themselves.I think that's enough tangent for now... But, anyway potential is something that needs to be seen and thought about. That's definitely something that I am currently thinking about. But, throughout all of these random thoughts in this post. I am just so grateful for my wonderful family. Seriously. They are so great. Especially my brother in law. Today my brother in law has been there for me 200%. He was right there for me every single time. I love feeling close to him as well as the rest of my family. I am so grateful for all of the things that my family constantly does for me. They are there for me when life is good and they are even more there for me when life isn't good. I love it. Even though a lot of hurtful things have happened today. Their love has wrapped around me and helped me stay strong. The missionaries also came over this evening and shared a wonderful message. The Lord helped me so much as well. The message they shared was for me from the Lord. I am so grateful for them and the spirit that they bring into my household. I love them so much. I choose happiness. Because being upset just isn't worth my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment