Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March Happiness Day 4

Today was different for me. This is the first time I've gone to work later than 9am in a long time. So I spent my morning vacuuming my car and being boring as always. When I got to work it was surprisingly smooth from the moment I got there until the moment I came home. Okay, it wasn't perfect but honestly it was so good that these bad things I'm going to list didn't even feel like issues. So I was sending a urine sample to specimens and we have to send them through a tube system (just like the bank, just much longer tubes and it goes throughout the hospital) so about 10 or so minutes after I sent it up we receive a call from specimens. A coworker answered the phone and I don't know what they said because she was so calm. A few minutes later I let her know that I forgot to tell her about me sending the sample. So she calmly says oh yeah we need another sample the one you sent the lid wasn't on right and it spilled on it's way over there. They had to shirt down the tube system for maintenance. I was shocked! I didn't believe her because she was so calm about it and I send samples up all the time and clearly that had never happened before! It was so nuts. Basically, I provided a few people with some job security today accidentally. I felt so awful but we couldn't help but make it into a joke the whole time. It was just too crazy to even be real, but don't worry it was. In my own defense the patient put the lid on the container, but I did fail to check it even though the container was upside down on the biohazard bag I had it in and wasn't leaking. So the mystery remains how and why the whe thing happened. But it did. Then, later I found out an ice cream I gave to a patient was expired in September. Talk about awkward. It was the only one in all the boxes we had in the freezer the ONLY ONE. Are you kidding me? The one I hand out to the patient. Luckily the patient was such a nice lady and she was fine just wanted to make sure we knew so another patient wouldn't have an issue. Amazing. I guess I needed a reminder that I'm very human. Well, it worked. That's totally fine. I needed it. :) I choose happiness. 

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment