Sunday, March 2, 2014

March Happiness Day 2

Well, I've already decided that I don't want to do the previous day. I will mostly be blogging in the evening after the day is almost over anyway. So, half of this post will be about yesterday and half about today. But, from here on out I'll only be covering one day for my March happiness. 

Yesterday I cleaned a lot and everything isn't clean yet. I still have some things to go through in my room, but that's okay. I spent another part of the day catching up on my comedy shows, including the new Late night with Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon on the tonight show. So funny. I love sitting around and laughing watching those shows. Laughing is the greatest medicine! Not that I was sick yesterday, but it really is a great mood lifter. Then, last evening just as it was beginning to snow, I went to the UNO hockey game last night. It was a BLAST. It was a close game and those are always better. They won in overtime and we were lucky enough to be right by where the winning goal was scored. There was some drama in the middle of the game too where a player from the opposing team didn't feel like he should have had a penalty called against him so he threw a little fit and got himself kicked out for 10 minutes. I don't understand the rules of hockey so I don't know what it was that actually happened. The section we were sitting in was composed of mostly an older crowd unfortunately. But, it reminded me how much I want to attend many sporting events this year. I did have some nail biting moments during the game but overall I was just smiling and enjoying every second! After the game, it wasn't snowing anymore but the road was really slick! Josh drove his car, and although it's brand new it doesn't get around too well in the snow. I ended up having to run out in the snow in the middle of dodge. It was pretty funny because I was in boots and not snow boots, needless to say I was slipping all over the place. I felt like a damsel in distress of some sort. Then, all of a sudden 4 (very attractive I might end) men came to my rescue. Two of them had pulled their car over to help and one was right behind us in an SUV. It was fun having them help me and not do much better than I was because it was so slick. We all had a pretty good conversation as we struggled up the hill. It was fun. :) I'm just grateful we were stuck on a hill and not stuck in an accident with the conditions we were dealing with last night. It was a good change from my usual Saturday nights.  
                       

Now, onto today. It was not the warmest day ever imagined, but thank goodness for heat, tights, and boots! This morning I spent at my Grandma's. She wasn't feeling the best today so I struggled to hold conversations with her. Lately she has been telling me I need to stop hanging around with her so much and get something exciting to do with my life! This almost offends me. I don't have anything I'd rather be doing. I really would like to be spending my spare time with her. I don't know if she's sick of seeing me or if she feels like she's a burden. She is blunt, but she isn't always specific in her bluntness. So, that was good, but it could have been better. I hope she spent the afternoon resting and is feeling better tomorrow. Then, I went to church. It was a beautiful day at church today. Melody taught a lesson on the opposition that satan has in our lives. It was strengthening. She wasn't feeling well at all and you could tell, but the room still filled with the spirit! Then, in sacrament meeting it was really amazing. I love fast Sundays in general, but seeing the children get up and bear their testimonies always makes me happy. The spirit is amazing when they speak of wonderful truth! I love everything about their testimonies. Then, the rest of the members that bore their testimonies were just head on. With the spirit I was filled with there was no way I could ignore the fact that my head was pounding out of my chest begging me to get up there. So, I got up and of course started getting emotional. But, I was truly grateful for the opportunity to feel that strong spirit that you feel when you share your testimony. I can't wait until later this week where I can go out with the sister missionaries later this week. I know that will also be a wonderful spiritual experience. Well, this photo looks off but I'm not entirely sure why. But, this is the photo of the day. I choose happiness.  
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment