Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Homesickness

I grew up in an average town in Nebraska. Not too big, but not small enough that I knew everyone in the town or around the town. I love everything about Papillion. It was the greatest place to grow up! Up until last summer I lived in the same state, same town, same house, and even the same room. The move to a new room was great! But, it really wasn't a major change. Then, this September I started school up here are BYU-Idaho. It's been so difficult. I've been having homesickness on and off the whole time I've been here. It got so bad about two weeks ago that I would look at flights back to Nebraska daily. So, I always knew what the current rates were. Then, one day a GREAT deal came up. Everything fell into place. My classes that Friday were cancelled, I found a ride to Salt Lake City, and even had a place to stay in Salt Lake. I went home and surprised a few special people in my life and spent a lot of time with my family. What is better to cure homesickness than.. GOING HOME?! It was such a great weekend, but it ended too quickly. When I came back to Idaho things didn't seem so bad. I really had a better attitude. I hate that I took the easy way out. But, just within the past few days things haven't been going so great. I've gotten really homesick and it's been HARD to keep my head on straight and keep up a good mood. But, I've been pushing through. I'm just lucky I have such great people around me and awesome family members back home to miss me. I choose to be happy today. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment