Friday, August 19, 2011

Tribute To The Past


 E.F.Y.
Especially For Youth
 This was the greatest week of my life, still to this day I think. I just had so many amazing experiences there! It was so amazing. I learned so much about myself and my true testimony. My life has been changed for the better because of this week. I met some amazing people that week as well who still help me today! :D



 My brother came and I was beyond glad he came! We had a blast driving down together and spending time with each other throughout the week!



Derek was in my group and somehow we just clicked right away! :] That summer I went to worlds of fun with him and last year I went down to where he's from which also happened to be where EFY was (Columbia, MO) for a weekend before he left for his mission in Germany. I like to say we were pretty good friends, but obviously I can't speak for him. He really means a lot to me even though I haven't heard from him in quite some time. It's okay, he's focusing on his mission which is exactly what he needs to be doing. But, I'm sure I've done something wrong along the way with my letters while he's been out. His birthday was last Monday, so I've been thinking about him quite a bit. It's kind of nuts to think he's almost been gone for a year and now he's 20! But, I'm sure he's doing well. He's in the Lord's hands and I'm sure he's being taken care of. Wow, I just rambled way too much but he's great. 


I had the best group EVER. And yes, I'm sure every group says that about there group, but my group really was the best. 

But, truthfully I had the greatest guys in my group. Mostly Derek and Nick though :] I never kept in contact with Nick (I'm not even positive if that's how his name is spelled... it's been two years...) though, such a shame, but I've survived. 


Jacob (the red head) I met either Wednesday or Thursday during the week. So, I didn't really get a whole lot of time to get to know him. But, just this year mostly somehow we reconnected and started talking quite a bit. He's on his mission right now and we keep in touch great. His letters are really uplifting. I love reading them. He's only been out for less than six months, but I've seen a marvelous change in him! I MISS EFY 
Everything happens for a reason
I choose to be happy :]

No comments:

Post a Comment