Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Realizations

So, lately I have had a lot of decisions to make. I figured out where the Lord wanted me and I have made the hard decision to stay in Omaha and continue with the amazing job that I have with The Nebraska Medical Center. Before I continue I was to tangent off about how great my job is. I have worked in a nursing home for 3 years and the transition to a hospital has been amazing! I absolutely love the atmosphere with everyone running around going different places. Just in the short week I have seen so many different cases and experienced so much. I love seeing and learning from so many intelligent doctors. Seeing so many people that actually care about patients all the time. It is truly magical. Seeing patient's faces when they are so relieved their surgery went well and they are safe. Plus the company itself is rock solid! It's just absolutely amazing. I LOVE MY JOB! :D Anyway, with all of these decisions I have really been noticing who is around and who isn't. It's interesting that none of my "friends" have even been calling me up from Omaha. It seems like before I made the decision to stay everyone was talking to me, trying to convince me to stay, wanting to hang out all the time, exc. But, now that I am staying I feel like I have nothing. I feel so torn. My brother is moving out, which is fabulous for him. He wants me to move out with him but I want to save a lot more money before I start throwing out money for rent that isn't necessary. Basically what I have realized is that I don't have any true friends in Omaha, they are all superficial. All of my real friends are around the country and sadly not around all the time. Thank goodness for skype. It's seriously amazing. Another thing I was realizing was that I think literally everyone I am close to is getting married in 2013. It's so exciting! :) But, it's also sad because I know once they are all married our friendships will not be the same and may not even exist. We will see I suppose. Basically right now I'm just feeling pathetic because I'm feeling so alone after this week's events. But, I know what I'm supposed to do and I'm not going to let anyone change my mind. Even if that leaves me completely alone for some time. I will survive and I am HAPPY. I think the best way to make friends is to be a friend. So, I'm going to start fresh and start being a friend to everyone :) I choose happiness.


Yup. Just ME. MYSELF. AND I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment