Monday, June 17, 2013

Listening to the Spirit

It is so hard to go through our lives making decisions if we have to make them alone. This time in life (meaning early 20's time frame) for me has been so difficult. I am one of the most indecisive people ever. If I had to choose between making a decision and jumping off a bridge. Sometimes I really would jump off the bridge. It is so hard for me to close off options or opportunities that present themselves in my life. Truly, I want to do them all. Right now I have a lot of different decisions that I have to make and each decision has multiple factors. I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going. I'm so afraid of everything that will happen, who it will effect, and especially how it will effect me and my future. But, over the past 24 ish hours I have really realized the importance of listening to the spirit. Making sure I am worthy enough to listen, setting aside time to listen, and providing more opportunities to listen. But, I have to learn patience first. I am doing these things but I am not getting much of anywhere with it. I need to learn patience almost more than I need to learn to make decisions. My fear is that Heavenly Father is going to trust me to make this decision on my own. I understand how important agency is, but I really would just love for Him to tell me exactly what I should do to go along the path that He wants me on. I am willing to take the leap of faith in that direction... If only I knew what that direction was. I know that I will find my answer I just need to search and listen more diligently. It's very hard not to listen to outside influences, but I need to focus on not listening to what others think about it. No one can receive revelation for me except for me. I am seeking and I cannot wait to find my answers in my life. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost that I have been blessed with. The peace that it brings me is indescribable. Without the Holy Ghost I wouldn't know what was right and what was wrong and even though I am occasionally confused about that...I know that is my listening skills that I am here on earth to perfect. It will take time, but I know Heavenly Father is there listening to my every prayer and my every plea. I choose happiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment