Saturday, August 11, 2012

Things don't always turn out the way you plan

I remember a few years ago I was in high school and everyone was getting ready to go on missions. Then, I got to be a senior and they were leaving like crazy. Half of my friends were gone out of the  state at least, not to mention everyone that left for college. But, I remember thinking about how things would be when all of them got back from their missions and things could "finally get back to normal". Oh boy, I had NO idea what was coming. Everyone talks about how boys turn into men on their missions, they mature and become the people they were born to be... blah blah blah... But, they never tell you how it is when you're writing them on their missions, or how sometimes they come back COMPLETELY different. I wrote almost all of my friends while they were on missions. But, they problem with writing boys is they assume that if you are writing them that you're interested. Actually I constantly have that issue with boys. Whether or not they are on a mission boys constantly get the wrong idea about me. They always think I like them. I don't understand apparently I must be some extreme flirt or something. Okay, I'll admit I am a flirt. But, I think it is so far into my nature that I don't even know a lot of the times when I am flirting. But, the unintentional flirting seems to be what gets taken as real flirting. For whatever reason boys  don't think that boys and girls can be "just friends" this video is the "proof". But, I still don't think that's true. BOYS AND GIRLS CAN JUST BE FRIENDS. Seriously, they
 can.


                             
Now, clearly this video is edited and made to make it seem that only women say that they can be friends and men say they can't. But, it's still a funny video and makes it seem like they can't be friends. But, really it's because people just constantly choose to read into things. When you read into things that people say and do, you're going to have an issue and you'll find your friendship on the rocks. But, if you keep it at a friendship you're always safe. You won't get hurt, and you won't have to worry about ruining a friendship in the end. Wow, that was some blabbing, ,but hopefully it made a little sense.

Well, now it's been over two years... boys (well I guess "men") are coming back from missions monthly it seems like. They have been returning for awhile now. It's so weird. I almost miss writing them sometimes. Soon I'm not going to have anyone to write. I have been slowly running out of people for awhile. I haven't started writing new people for over a year now. Meaning I'll be done writing missionaries in about a year. That is until my own children hopefully go on missions. But, since I'm not getting married forever I'm definitely not counting down until my future son or sons go on missions. It really doesn't seem to be in my even close to near future. I'll just continue to watch all of the people around me get married. It's a good thing I love attending weddings! :D because it's going to continue for awhile...

Anyway the POINT of this post... hopefully I'll finally get to it! :) over two years ago I figured that this point in time would be the greatest time ever! And instead 2012 has been a terrible year. I have felt that thing after thing has happened this year. Don't get me wrong I have been happy and I am not complaining about my life and I know things are the way they are supposed to be. But, sometimes it's hard to think about how things could be especially when sometimes the way that things could be are the way that I sometimes wish they were. Especially when trials are following me like crazy... I can't seem to hide for very long from them they just continue to overcome my life. But, of course this is only if I allow them to. But, recently I have realized what I have been dwelling on doesn't and shouldn't matter. People change on their missions as I have said and sometimes moving on is better than doing anything else. Yes, I have moved on in certain ways already, but eventually I will fully move on and find someone better. It has to happen someday. I just need to be patient with my life. I need to live and not worry about the past...

Oh and an on update on the boy drama since I said I would... I was just hung up on the past... the distant past and I just need some time still to get my heart to move on and current situations were not helping because it was making me want the past even more. But, finally boys in my life are non-existent. And at this point in time I intend to keep it that way. :) I will just be working and going to school this fall. I will be a HERMIT as said by some old roommates. :]

As for today. I choose happiness :D :D :D :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment